Our client requires 2 Staff Nurse’s to work a variety of shifts within their established and well regarded Nursing Home in Bantry. This Nurse job offers excellent remuneration and professional development opportunities.
Our client invests a significant amount of resources in staff development and training so that there care teams can implement international best practice and have access to the latest developments in gerontology and residential care of the elderly services. Our client is proud of consistently good reports from government regulators over many years and strive to operate the Nursing Home to the highest standards.
Our client’s recruitment and human resources procedures are based on current legislation and best practice. All staff are required to have all of the documentation below to gain employment.
Requirements for this Nurse Job:
Applications should be fully registered with An Bord Altranais and on their live register.
Have ideally 1-2 year post registration experience in the area of geriatrics and dementia care.
Accredited training in Dementia Care and/or Higher Diploma in Gerontology desired but not essential.
Fluent English and excellent communication skills.
Satisfactory Garda Vetting
Responsibilities of this Nurse Job
- Supervise, control and administer medications and drugs and ensure safe-keeping and proper storage.
- Ensure that Drug/Medication rounds are carried out at their specified times and as laid down in the Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Develop individual care plans for residents using a person centred approach.
- Ensure that Care Notes and Care Plans are recorded accurately in a timely manner and that records are signed and dated.
- Observe and monitor the physical and mental well-being of residents including condition of skin, pressure areas, incontinence and injuries.
- Ensure that the provision of care includes, where required, making contact with the appropriate GP and that any medication and/or treatment prescribed is administered as soon as possible.
- Supervise and serve residents meal times and feeding requirements and delegate tasks as required.
- Ensure that high standards of hygiene are maintained and that equipment is kept in a satisfactory condition and stored correctly.
How to Apply:
If you have the desired experience and Nurse skills and would like to apply for this Nurse Job with an established Nursing Home Group, please apply via the form below including your CV