Operations Manager – Limerick
Our client a well-known Leisure Centre group is seeking to recruit an Operations Manager for their Limerick Branch. Listed in 2018 as one of Ireland’s top 25 Best Large Workplaces to work this is a great opportunity for a Retail Store Manager or Hospitality Retail Manager with high volume management experience
Managing a team of 30+ and reporting to the HR Director and Finance Director this job opportunity will suit an energetic and ambitious entrepreneurial manager with excellent people management experience.
Responsibilities for the job of Operations Manager include the following
- Responsible for the day to day operational function of the Leisure Centre
- Create and implement the strategic direction for your branch in line with company plan
- Develop, train and motivate staff, ensure appropriate training and induction for all existing and new members of staff.
- Responsible for the Centres P&L , reporting to the Fiance Director
- Empower your team to work to the best of their abilities
- To provide information to enable budgets for annual income and expenditure, and cash flow projections to be prepared.
- Monitor purchasing and stock control in all areas
- Ensure that staff qualifications are maintained in date at all times and organise opportunities for staff to renew and update their qualifications
- Ensure the Centre is maintained to the highest of standards and in line with all company expectations
- Propose and cost out any refurbishment and developments required for the facility
- Work with the Group Property Manager on all issues related to ongoing and preventative maintenance
- Arrange regular customer events that will gain customer loyalty and encourage retention
- Take an active interest in and get involved in local community groups
- Work in conjunction with the Support Office team in delivering a strategic sales and marketing plan
- Monitor incomes and expenditure against budget
- Exercise budgetary and financial control in accordance with agreed targets.
Experience required for the job of Operations Manager
- 3-4 years Retail Store Management experience or similar within a volume retailer
- Excellent P&L experience is essential
- A proven track record in working within a fast paced service environment
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Experience in managing teams of 25+
- Entrepreneurial management
- Experience in multi-tasking
This job is primarily Monday to Friday however some Weekends may be required
- Salary €40k
- Bonus 20% KPI
- Excellent training and benefits
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please upload your current c.v to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application