Operations Manager – Offaly
Our client, a well-known Leisure Centre group, is currently seeking to recruit an experienced and people orientated Operations Manager for their newly refurbished branch in Tullamore, Offaly.
This is a great opportunity for a Retail Store Manager or Hospitality Manager with high volume management experience to join a fast paced and people orientated business.
As General Manager/ Operations Manager you will be responsible for 4 duty managers and a team of 30 +. You will be reporting to the HR Director and Finance Director and will suit an energetic and ambitious entrepreneurial manager with excellent people management experience.
This role will be predominately Monday to Friday; however, some weekends will be required depending on the needs of the business.
Responsibilities for the job of General manager / operations Manager include the following:
- Responsible for the day to day operational function of the Leisure Centre
- Create and implement the strategic direction for your branch in line with company plan
- Develop, train and motivate staff, ensure appropriate training and induction for all existing and new members of staff.
- Responsible for the Centres P&L, reporting to the Finance Director
- Empower your team to work to the best of their abilities
- To provide information to enable budgets for annual income and expenditure, and cash flow projections to be prepared.
- Monitor purchasing and stock control in all areas
- Ensure that staff qualifications are maintained in date at all times and organise opportunities for staff to renew and update their qualifications
- Ensure the Centre is maintained to the highest of standards and in line with all company expectations
- Propose and cost out any refurbishment and developments required for the facility
- Work with the Group Property Manager on all issues related to ongoing and preventative maintenance
- Arrange regular customer events that will gain customer loyalty and encourage retention
- Take an active interest in and get involved in local community groups
- Work in conjunction with the Support Office team in delivering a strategic sales and marketing plan
- Monitor incomes and expenditure against budget
- Exercise budgetary and financial control in accordance with agreed targets.
Experience required for the job of Operations Manager include:
- 3+ years store management experience within fashion, non-food or grocery retail required
- Excellent P&L experience is essential
- Strong organisational, people management and leadership skills
- A proven track record in working within a fast-paced service environment
- Experience in managing teams of 15+
- Salary €37-40k DOE
- Bonus – 20%
- Gym Membership
- This job is primarily Monday to Friday however some weekends may be required
- Excellent training and benefits
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please upload your current CV to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application