Sustainability Packaging Manager, Dublin city centre
With a brilliant culture, promoting work/life balance, and with one of the most competitive packages in the market, our client knows that their people are at the heart of their business.
As they grow as a business, our client understands the important of sustainability and at the same time being able to offer the best value to their customers. In order to continue their plans, they require a Sustainability Packaging Manager which is a brand-new role for the business.
Reporting to the Head of Product Sustainability and sitting within the Sourcing team, you will be responsible for coming up with new sustainable innovations around packaging options. As Sustainability Packaging Manager, you will work closely with the Buying, Technical and Retail teams and collaborate to ensure the sustainability agenda is promoted.
In order to be successful, you must come from a similar fashion retail / FMCG working environment and be used to juggling multiple tasks and communicating with colleagues across the business.
Your day-to-day of this Sustainability Packaging Manager job include:
- Managing and procuring of packaging, labelling and hangers with the intention of leveraging volume to procure at best value
- Ensuring packaging is legally and commercially compliant and, that over time, all are manufactured using sustainable materials
- Ensure where appropriate, contracts with third party vendors are in place to manage the supply of packaging, labelling and hangers to fulfil requirements
- Working closely with the Buying and Retail teams to work to minimise the cost of Soiled and Damaged write offs by ensuring packaging solutions is as customer and store friendly as possible
- Working alongside the Sustainability Materials Manager, the Product Compliance Team, the Supply Base and Buying Teams to ensure any Product Accreditation and Certification Schemes are maintained and updated as required
- To ensure traceability and accuracy of sustainable packaging claims and educating customers in how to recycle their packaging correctly
Experience Required for this Sustainability Packaging Manager job include:
- Must have a strong commercial and operational background and understanding
- Must have a significant interest in Sustainability and will appreciate how important the Sustainability movement is in the context of the Fast Fashion industry and ever-evolving customer sentiment
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- A good understanding of Product Technical and Compliance requirements as required
What’s in it for you?
*Competitive salary & excellent benefits
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat!