Packaging Technologist job, west Dublin
This is a brilliant opportunity to work with a dynamic and professional retail team. As Packaging Technologist, you will liaise with the buying, packaging and CSR departments to create and deliver an innovative packaging strategy around our client’s packaging solutions. As a business, they understand the importance of sustainability and allowing their customers to buy products that are both good for them and that limit damage to the environment.
I am looking for candidates with a real interest in sustainability and that holds 2 years+ of working in a similar role in food retail or FMCG. Great opportunity with an international retail success story. 2-year contract.
- Work with suppliers to identify, develop and deliver best value technical packaging solutions
- Deliver packaging optimisation projects to reduce costs and meet required targets
- Conduct regular reviews of our product portfolio to identify packaging opportunities
- Researching future trends in packaging technologies and materials and feeding back to the team
- Act as the direct link between the Buying and Supply Chain with regards to packaging development
- Attend external working groups and engage in industry-wide collaborative programmes
- Independent, self-starter, ability to drive change
- A comprehensive, technical understanding of packaging materials and processes is essential
- Experience in food contact material
- Commercially minded with ability to see bigger picture in large business
- Ideally 2 years’ experience working in a similar role within a food retailer or FMCG market
- Natural at building strong relationships with internal team and with external stakeholders
Salary: Up to €38k with great benefits.
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat if you hold the relevant experience. SB123