Pricing & Margin Analyst job, north Dublin
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the successful candidate will work closely with Sales, Trading and Finance to gather relevant information in order to improve and optimise margin, and to grow sales for the business.
The Pricing & Margin Analyst will be responsible for assessing the selling prices in the food service market, pulling together tenders and signing off on prices to customers. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a varied role as part of a collaborative team in an exciting, fast paced environment carrying out essential customer profitability reporting and margin control and improvement.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a very progressive Irish company.
Responsibilities of this Pricing & Margin Analyst job:
- Oversee the preparation of reports detailing actual profitability by customer
- Provide insight into reports developed; highlighting areas of success and lost opportunity
- Data Strategy: Develop a strategy for collation and use of market information & customer tender data to inform future pricing decisions
- Drive improvements in margin through weekly verbal and written communications with sales, trading and finance teams, e.g. recommend upselling of margin optimisation lines to improve mix and margin
- Drive improvements in sales: Weekly review to ensure that targeted customer, category and product margins are achieved
- Tender collation: approve all food service customer tenders and re-tenders in partnership with BDMs and trading teams
- Review and approval of prices outside agreed price bands
- Support project work as required across the team e.g. gathering pricing and market pricing intelligence
- Work with the sales and trading teams on adjusting of pricing on customer contracts
Requirements for this Pricing & Margin Analyst job:
- Highly numerate, ideally with a finance or business qualification
- Excellent Excel skills, able to manipulate and interpret complex data files
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working from a similar commercial environment; the successful applicant is likely to come from a sales, finance of trading background
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills: Ability to work between sales, finance and trading
- People management skills: able to develop and motivate one direct report
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong PC Skills
- Above all, the successful applicant must be calm under pressure and a team player who enjoys working at pace
Salary: €55-60k DOE & great benefits.
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.