Product Technologist – Beauty job, Dublin city centre
Our leading international fashion client is looking for a commercial Product Technologist for their ever-expanding Beauty team. The successful candidate will have the ability to work within a fast-paced environment and will hold excellent organisational and communication skills.
The candidate must have a strong technical expertise to deliver quality products that are safe, legal and fit for purpose. The Beauty Technologist will work alongside buying teams, suppliers and key stakeholders to establish and maintain best practise and to meet our client’s customer’s expectations.
If you are someone with a strong technical background (specifically in beauty) we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities for this Product Technologist job include:
- Understand and support delivery of the Departmental and Quality strategy to deliver the customer promise
- Monitoring returns reports
- Engaging with Sourcing and Ethical to understand supplier performance
- Evaluating risk and ability to make commercial recommendations on quality priorities in a beauty environment
- Apply quality standards and commercially evaluate and guide suppliers on product testing
- Thorough training and engagement with Buying and Suppliers, improve the sampling hit rate
- Providing coaching and up-skilling to the Buying teams as required
Requirements of this Product Technologist job include
- 3+ years’ experience in similar position
- Necessary technical training
- Proactive problem solver and commercially minded
- High levels of communication and organisation
- Competency at understanding test reports
- Detailed knowledge of a broad range of Beauty products, including a working knowledge of product formulation, manufacturing scale-up and specification management.
- An excellent understanding of Beauty product packaging and labelling requirements
- A complete knowledge of the end to end Beauty product supply chain
- Good IT skills
Salary: DOE with excellent benefits plus assistance with relocation if required
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.