Products Regulatory Officer
Our client, who offer a wide range of food services to their customers, is now looking for a Products Regulatory Officer. Reporting to the Food Safety and Quality Manager, you will ensure the food product details captured, are technically correct (as per EU Regulations) in order to meet our client’s legal obligation.
Working closely with suppliers, you will acquire all FIR information required for our client’s database, and will make sure that all products displayed online, meets nutritional information guidelines. This is a varied and challenging job where you will work cross functionally in the business so candidates must be highly organised with strong communication skills.
Responsibilities of this Products Regulatory Officer job:
- Supplier Management – Liaising with suppliers, to ensure all relevant FIR product information is captured on the product database
- Reviewing content of Product Specifications with Suppliers to ensure content provides detail required continues to meet FIR requirements
- Working with IT to ensure system is developed and to provide data they need in order to run their businesses efficiently
- Provide the Buying team with timely review of compliance requests (e.g. label checks) to ensure compliance to Food Information Regulatory requirements
- Provide product information reports and updates for existing National Accounts
- Provide product Information required when completing tenders to win ‘new’ business
- Offer technical support in the investigation and resolution of Customer / Enforcement authorities compliance queries
- Roll out of engagement sessions on Allergens / Calories on Menus to ensure key stakeholders are familiar with requirements of the Food Information initiatives our customers have undertaken
- Representing the Quality Department on teams across the business, to influence on Quality issues
Requirements for this Products Regulatory Officer job:
- A degree in Food Science or related discipline
- Good knowledge of food labelling regulations and allergens
- Previous experience of Spec Management Software
- Advantageous to have 2+ years in Food Technical Role
- PC literate
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solver – identify risks and initiate solutions
Salary: Up to €35k DOE & generous benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.