Excel Recruitment is delighted to have retained to recruit a Purchasing Director for one of our long-term clients operating in the hospitality and services sector.
Our client has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with a clear focus on the local market here in Ireland with leadership from a local team. Their innovative and broad range of products have ensured they are a major market leader today in Ireland and around the world synonymous with non-food consumables and hospitality product. Today, they are building on that strong history of success -growing the business through the delivery of excellence and innovation.
What does it mean to work here-
Their Mindset: They put customers first. They know they succeed only when their customers succeed. Customer success is a priority, along with working in partnership with them.
The organisation: They work as One. They collaborate across their global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. Our client harnesses its global footprint to work as one.
Their People: They recruit for brains and heart. They are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. They value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. They nurture both the hard and soft skills of their talent.
Their Leadership: They lead. They take ownership. They lead from all levels. They value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people.
Their promise: Grow with the Best. They grow the best. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people.
This is a great business to work for.
The Purchasing Director has responsibility for executing the strategy and sourcing activities across the company’s division. Through your established expert team, you will analyse, plan, track, and source quality, competitive and innovative products to meet established business customer service goals and product volumes consistent with specific inventory and/or contractual obligations and objectives.
Key responsibilities of this Purchasing Director job include:
- Responsible for leading, driving and developing the commercial, purchasing and inventory functions of the business.
- Reducing costs and improving margins, own brand development, inventory control and category and range management.
- Working in tandem with other key sectors of the business such as Operations, Sales and Marketing to strengthen the commercial product offering and strategic direction of the businesses.
- Ownership of the commercial product range from sourcing to sale including pricing strategy and margin control.
- Building strong relationships across the business and use these, along with your natural commercial acumen and instincts to identify and shape the commercial vision and strategic approach for the business.
Key requirements for this Purchasing Director job include:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience as senior management in a Buying, sourcing, purchasing Procurement, commercial environment
- Proven successful track record in achieving commercial targets
- Exceptional commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Solid purchasing fundamentals
- Strategic sourcing Experience
- Supplier management
- Team Management
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic senior purchasing executive, head of or Purchasing Manager to join a market leading company and become a prominent influence and thought leader within the business.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and are interested in this Purchasing Director job, please apply below for the attention of Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment or call 01-8148747 in confidence. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.