Purchasing Executive job – Hospital Supplies, Dublin West
Our client, who supply medical machines and surgical supplies, is looking for an experienced Purchasing Executive. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will build strong supplier relationships in order to achieve best commercial results for the business. You will also proficiently manage stock availability, in order to meet your customer’s requirements.
Initially, the successful Purchasing Executive will be based in their offices in Sandyford but will move to Blanchardstown in 3-4 months.
Responsibilities of this Purchasing Executive job:
- Daily placement of Purchase Orders
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing and favourable Terms and Conditions
- Work on continuous improvement programs with suppliers regarding reduction in lead time, shipping issues etc
- Liaise daily with Customer Service, Fulfilment, Finance teams, resolving enquiries in a timely manner that are relating to the supplier
- Review daily stock levels to ensure availability
- Improve internal and external purchasing procedures and purchasing turnaround times
- Solve supplier related issues and audit vendor information
- Assisting the Purchasing Manager in all aspects of Purchasing and Operations / Logistics.
- Lead supplier business reviews and drive closure of actions within an appropriate time frame
Requirements for this Purchasing Executive job:
- Strong track record in negotiating with global suppliers
- Business background with min 2+ years Purchasing experience
- Excellent knowledge and use of Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Experience with ERP systems desirable
- Be a team player and possess excellent stock management skills
- Be confident and have excellent communication skills
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.