Quality Manager – Supply Chain (Food), North West Dublin
Our client, who is a market leading food service and wholesale group, and who are operating at the top of their industry, is currently seeking a Quality Manager. Reporting to the Food Safety and Quality Manager, you will manage food safety compliance within our client’s supply chain function for their Central Distribution Centre and their depots.
As Quality Manager, you will be required to oversee the implementation and manage the maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) for our client’s supply chain network. You will ensure that procedures in the QMS are followed, and that food safety records, KPI’s and risk assessments are completed.
This is a varied and challenging job where you will work cross functionally in the business so candidates must be highly organised with strong communication skills. Amazing Irish company to work for.
Responsibilities of this Quality Manager – Supply Chain job:
- Technical lead and point of contact for both external and internal auditors for advice on food safety operational procedure requirements
- Ensure that warehouse meet requirement of HSE, and DAFM, liaising with the relevant statutory authorities on food safety as required
- Prepare warehouses for external audits and lead audit at time of inspections
- Documentation system management coordinator, managing QMS documentation
- Co-ordinate the investigation of food safety operational issues by the Operations and Transport teams
- To report to the FS&Q Manager and Supply Chain Director as required
- Project Work
Requirements for this Quality Manager – Supply Chain job:
- Food Science / Food Technology Degree, or equivalent
- 5+ years in Food Technical Role (ideally with Chill / Freeze products)
- Proven track record in managing food safety and compliance in a retail/manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of HACCP planning and its application
- Understand and experience in implementing and managing QMS and a good working knowledge of a GFSI standard
- Food Safety Auditing experience
- Proficient use of MS Office tools including Power Point, Words and Excel.
- Excellent Communication skills, conveying technical information and concepts in verbal, written and presentation format.
- Full Clean Driving licence
Salary: DOE & Benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.