Qualifications / Experience
- Be a Registered General Nurse and registered with An Bord Altranais on the live register.
- Have a minimum of 5 years post registration experience; with at least 2 years experience in theatre/recovery.
- Be computer literate.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication abilities.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Be able to identify potential difficulties and formulate solutions.
- Be free from any defect or disease which would render him/her unsuitable to hold office and be in a state of health as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
- Be of good character.
The position reports to and is accountable and professionally responsible to the CNM in all matters relating to the job.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
The recovery Nurse is responsible for providing, maintaining and developing patient centred care to a high standard. This is achieved through effective organisation of nursing services in the Theatre and the overall administration of the Patients .
- Maintain throughout the Clinic an awareness of the primacy of patient in relation to all clinic activities.
- Create a culture of accountability, openness to change, respect for the individual and teamwork that supports the achievement.
- Create and promote healthy working relationships.
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the values of the clinic.
- The person chosen will be accountable for the nursing service provided to patients in pre-operative and post-operative areas. This includes making provisions for the best possible standard of nursing care of patients at all times.
- Communicate with relatives and visitors of patients as required.
- Setting and monitoring standards.
- Actively participate in the clinic’s Accreditation programme and the ethos of Continuous Quality Improvement and implement and maintain procedures in theatre.
- Keep the Director of Nursing appraised of all issues as required.
- Contribute to the selection, recruitment and retention of staff.
- Contribute to the development of an organisational culture which is conducive to the establishment and maintenance of good staff moral.
- Liaise with the Director of Nursing to ensure efficient and effective use of patient care consumables and communicate changes to staff.
- Act as a full member of the Theatre Nursing Team in the clinical area.
- If you fit the job spec please send me your CV