A Leading Multi-site Retail organisation operating in the DIY Non-food Space is currently looking to recruit a Regional Manager for the Connacht / Midlands region. This job is suitable for an ambitious and commercial DIY / Home Enhancement retail General Manager or Multi-site Retail Manager looking to bring their experience to a fast growing retail chain.
With over 200 Retail Stores, you will be an integral addition to the Regional Team in driving their expansion, branding and refit strategy for the company.
You will be a commercial manager with excellent communications and advisory skills in delivering change and best practice.
Role description for Regional Manager
- Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for supporting, advising and developing a territory of Retail DIY/ trade stores across the country
- You will support Store Management on all aspects of driving best practice
- Monitor competitor activity, both direct and indirect and present findings
- Improve profitability through sales, department and margin analysis throughout all stores
- Develop strong commercial relationships through effective communication and influencing skills
- Influence, guide and inspire your people to achieve the highest of operational standards
- Support Retail Management on People Management, Performance Management and Customer Engagement
- Communicate product insights, participations and suggest corrective actions
- Work closely with the Buying and marketing team
Key Requirements for the job of Regional Manager
- Minimum 5 years relevant senior retail management experience
- Supermarket or Big Box DIY senior management essential
- Strong understanding of category, pricing and margin management essential
- Experienced in setting, managing and communicating financial reports
- Able to identify, analyse and interpret operational reports and create commercially focused action plans to improve profitability.
- Experience in working within an independent retail space advantageous
- Excellent communications and relationship building skills essential
- Salary plus bonus
- Company Car
- Working hours, Monday to Friday
Excel Recruitment is Ireland’s leading retail recruitment company. The company is recognised as the experts in the recruitment of management into food, non-food and fashion. For information concerning a broad range of opportunities contact Aislinn in Excel, 018148747
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.