Regional Manager – Connacht
Our Client, a Leading DIY/ Builders Providers chain is looking to recruit a Regional Manager for the Connacht / Midlands region. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Retail Area Manager/ Multi site Manager or Strong Big Box DIY retailer to be part of the success and growth of the chain
As Regional Manager you will be responsible for supporting and advising 40 Retail Branches across the Connacht Region, Mayo/ Sligo/ Galway
You will be a commercial manager with excellent communications and advisory skills in delivering change and best practice.
Job responsibilities of this Regional Manager job include:
- Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for supporting, advising and developing a territory of Retail DIY/ trade stores across the country
- You will support store owners and Store Management on all aspects of driving best practice and help drive best retail standards across your region
- Conduct Annual Store Standards Audit and assist in the development of both customer service and retail standards across the business
- Monitor competitor activity, both direct and indirect and present findings back to store operations
- Improve member store performance and purchasing loyalty through sales, department and margin analysis throughout all stores using all company management information systems
- Develop strong commercial and business relationships through effective communication and influencing skills and provide sound commercial advice to membership on buying through the groups buying initiatives
- Influence, guide and inspire your region to achieve the highest of operational standards through a variety of formats
- Support local store owner membership on People Management, Performance Management and Customer Engagement and utilise all company information and processes in this regard
- Communicate product insights, participation’s and suggest corrective actions.
- Work closely with the Buying and marketing team and help foster mutually successful relationships between all members of the organisation
- Ensuring brand identity and brand proposition throughout the organisation is consistent and effective and to help ensure that all local and national marketing activity at store level is professional, effective and consistent across the retail brands
Key Requirements for the job of Retail Regional Manager include:
- Minimum 5 years relevant senior retail management experience
- Supermarket or Big Box DIY senior management desirable
- Strong understanding of category, pricing and margin management essential
- Strong understanding of retail standard and all in-house processes
- Experienced in setting, managing and communicating financial reports
- Able to identify, analyse and interpret operational reports and create commercially focused action plans to improve profitability.
- Experience in working within an independent retail space advantageous
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and relationship building skills essential.
Package for the job of Regional Manager
Working hours, Monday to Friday
Aislinn Lea is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.