Retail Regional Manager – DIY
Our client, a well-known successful DIY, Trade and Non-Food Retail chain is seeking to expand their team and recruit a Regional Manager to support, advise and work alongside 30+ stores across Leinster/ Midlands
This job is suited for an experienced DIY Retailer ideally with Multi-site management or Senior Store Management experience with margin analysis and store commercial and operational experience.
As Regional Manager, you will have the ability to build strong business relationships with Store owners, Business Partners, Members and Store Managers. You will provide guidance, on product lines, product placements, category management, promotions, margin and store commercial standards, ensuring best practice and added value.
Responsibilities and duties for Regional Manager include
- Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for supporting, advising and developing a territory of Retail DIY/ trade stores across the country
- You will support local members/store owners and Store Management on all aspects of driving best practice and help drive best retail standards across your respective region
- Conduct Annual Store Standards Audit and assist in the development of both customer service and retail standards across the business
- Monitor competitor activity, both direct and indirect and present findings back to store operations
- Improve member store performance and purchasing loyalty through sales, department and margin analysis throughout all stores using all company management information systems
- Develop strong commercial and business relationships through effective communication and influencing skills and provide sound commercial advice to membership on buying through the groups buying initiatives
- Influence, guide and inspire your region to achieve the highest of operational standards through a variety of formats
- Support local store owner membership on People Management, Performance Management and Customer Engagement and utilise all company information and processes in this regard
- Communicate product insights, participations and suggest corrective actions.
- Work closely with the Buying and marketing team and help foster mutually successful relationships between all members of the organisation
- Ensuring brand identity and brand proposition throughout the organisation is consistent and effective and to help ensure that all local and national marketing activity at store level is professional, effective and consistent across the retail brands
Key Requirements for the job of Retail Regional Manager
- Minimum 5 years relevant senior retail management experience
- Big Box DIY or Multi-Site Management experience
- Strong understanding of category, pricing and margin management essential
- Experienced in setting, managing and communicating financial reports
- Able to identify, analyse and interpret operational reports and create commercially focused action plans to improve profitability.
- Experience in working within an independent retail space advantageous
- Excellent communications and relationship building skills essential
Salary & Benefits
- Bonus €5k
- Company Car
- Monday to Friday
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please upload your c.v to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application