Retail Area Manager – Pharmacy Retail
Our client, a large expanding retail pharmacy chain is seeking to recruit a Retail Area Manager to support and advise the current retail partners with margin, standards, best practice and category management. This is a job suited to an experienced pharmacy Store Manager with a pharmacy technician qualification looking to take the next step.
As Retail Area Advisor, this job requires a senior retail manager with excellent influencing skills, communication skills and experience in working with profit and loss, margin, pharmacy suppliers and standards. You will be a natural leader with strong commercial and operational ability.
With stores based nationwide, travel flexibility is essential.
This job is suited to a knowledgeable Pharmacy Store Manager / Multi-site Manager with a strong background in making commercial decisions.
Job responsibilities for the job of Retail Area Manager role include
- Build a strong business relationship with all franchise partners, store managers and pharmacists
- Support and advise pharmacies on best practice in order to deliver the highest of operational standards and service
- Ensure all aspects of the brand guideline are communicated and adhered to
- Ensure Company order system guidelines are being adhered to
- Provide excellent customer service and promote customer engagement
- Ensure compliance to Company purchasing policies to ensure maximum margin in all areas of the pharmacy
- Ensure compliance with preferred retail pricing that maximises margin, considers product price sensitivity and local competitive factors
- Manage and delegate tasks to the store team effectively
- Provide feedback to commercial team on local competitive issues to exploit local opportunities
- Advise on implementation of planograms and merchandising guidelines
- Support the store on profitability, service and standards by sharing best practice and ideas from other pharmacies and competitors
- Ensure the Pharmacy Team is kept informed of all Company updates
- Provide training, where required on all aspects of the business
- Highlight where any efficiency’s and improvements can be made in the store
Job requirements of the Retail Area Advisor role include:
- At least 3 years senior Store Management or Area management experience within pharmacy retailing
- Good level of understanding of category, pricing and margin management within pharmacy retailing
- Have strong people management and influencing skills
- Pharmacy Technician qualification
- Commercial ordering experience
- Full clean driving licence
- Retail business degree or equivalent
- Proven record of sales growth and business development
- Basic €45-50k DOE
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please apply to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application.