Retail Area Manager – Pharmacy
Our client, one of Ireland’s most successful indigenous companies is seeking to recruit an Area Manager to join the Regional Team. Responsible for 15 Retail Stores across Leinster, the role of Area Manager is to support and manage both company owned and Franchised Pharmacy Retail Stores.
Your primary role is to drive sales and profitability across your territory by ensuring exceptional store standards and engagement
Duties and responsibilities for the job of Area Manager
- Build strong relationships with the Senior Management team to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the pharmacy.
- To drive sales and profitability across your territory by ensuring exceptional store standards.
- Working with the store in developing a business plan to improve the overall commercial performance of both the Retail and Dispensary areas
- Develop robust and detail action plans for all stores covering all KPIs
- Deliver exceptional retail standards across the territory
- Develop strong commercial and business relationships through effective communication and influencing skills
- Provide sound commercial advice to management on buying through the groups buying initiatives and promotions
- Work with the head office support team on product, compliance, standards, profit protection and legalities
- Support the Superintendent Pharmacist / Group Superintendent in achieving the highest clinical standards and efficiency
- Support the implementation of new services sharing best practice and resources across their area.
Ensure compliance to Generic targets and purchasing policies to ensure maximum margin for the pharmacy.
- Analyse category performance by pharmacy and instruct with Commercial team on opportunities to improve performance
- Promote customer engagement, maximising sales opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with preferred retail pricing that maximises margin, and considers product price sensitivity and local competitive factors.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- 3-4 years retail area management experience within the pharmacy retail market / other Retail Area Management sectors are considered
- Strong people engagement skills
- A proven track record in delivering kpis and managing P&L
- Excellent communication and relationship building experience
- Retail business degree or equivalent
Full clean driving license
- Capable of driving business profitability by implementing good business controls
- Salary 55-60k
- Bonus and Benefits
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity please upload your current c.v to the link provided or call Aislinn on 018148747 or 0868073544