Retail Assistant Buyer – Grocery
Retail Assistant Buyer – Grocery job, north west Dublin
Excel Recruitment is seeking a hard-working Assistant Buyer for one of our successful retail grocery clients. They are looking for retail food buying candidates who are familiar with working in fast-paced head office environment with no two days being the same.
Reporting to the Senior Buyer, you will play a key role in reviewing the market, seeking out new exciting products, analysing sales, looking for opportunities to grow the business while minimising stock holding.
As Retail Assistant Buyer, you will work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure effective new product development, pricing & product accuracy and availability – e.g. Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance and Stores.
The successful candidates will hold a minimum of 1-2 year’s experience in retail food buying or a similar background. We would like to hear from ambitious and commercial assistant buyers who want to progress their career in retail food buying.
Your day-to-day of this Assistant Buyer job:
- Ensure sales forecasting, range plans, profit targets, new product development plans are implemented and reviewed
- Innovate the offer by focusing on the introduction of value-added products, which support the overall strategy
- Source new products by keeping abreast of retail trends, competitor activities and customer demands
- Oversee the management of supply to ensure continuity of product availability
- Negotiate with suppliers to agree appropriate ranges, promotions and pricing to deliver budgeted sales
- Ensure close working relationships are established with retail, in particular Store Managers and Area Managers and regularly visit stores
- Review current supplier base and where appropriate introduce new sources and/or rationalise
- Utilise systems fully. Actively encourage and suggest system improvements and recommendations
Experience you’ll need for this Assistant Buyer job:
- Knowledge of Irish grocery market
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Commercial acumen
- Working in a pressurised environment
- 1-2 years’ previous retail food buying experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and proficient on systems such as RS & Artemis (ideally)
Salary: €30-40k DOE & benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the required criteria before sending your CV. SB123