Retail buyer, Cork
Reporting to the Head of Buying, you will be responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of a commercial buying plan for the successful retail side of the business. As Retail Buyer, you will manage the sourcing across a range of areas within the business, build strong relationships with suppliers, negotiate accordingly and assist in the budgeting and planning process to ensure required targets are met. Our client is looking to source an energetic Retail Buyer with 3+ years relevant experience in high volume industries.
Responsibilities of this Retail Buyer job include:
- Sourcing – new suppliers, products and supply chain solutions
- Contracting – concluding contracts, order creation, price, and product file maintenance
- Supplier Relationship Management – categorisation and rationalisation of suppliers
- Bench marking – price comparison, competitor tracking, market trend analysis, price setting
- Business Communication Reporting with the Retail Head of Buying
- Stock Management and Analysis
- Budgeting and Planning for assigned categories
- Managing plans for stock levels, reacting to change in demand and logistics, maintain relationships with existing suppliers and source new suppliers for future products
Requirements for this Retail Buyer job include:
- 3+ years relevant experience in a high-volume retail buying environment
- A proven ability to negotiate at a high level to achieve required results
- Strong business acumen and commercially aware with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a high level of negotiation skills with proven track record on commercial sourcing
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks and focus on and meet task deadlines.
- Excellent PC skills
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the relevant experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel website. SB123