Retail Buyer – Pharmacy (FOS), Dublin
Reporting to the Head of Buying, as Buyer across Front of Shop categories, you will be responsible for the sales, margin and profit of your category. You will build close working relationships with stakeholders within and outside of the business.
The role of Retail Buyer will play an integral part in supporting the Pharmacy Business in delivering and executing strategic and tactical decisions that will improve the businesses current standing within the Irish Retail Pharmacy Industry.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Buyer who is happy to work on their own initiative and to seek out new opportunities and trends to drive their categories forward.
You must have at least 3+ years relevant buying experience preferably in Front of Shop and/or Health & Beauty to be considered for this position.
Responsibilities of this Retail Buyer job:
- Deliver category strategy, sales, margin and profit to budgeted levels
- Significant input into shaping category strategy with Head of Buying
- Good understanding of the business and what product proposition should be in relation to the market
- Review the category sales and profit performance and act in order to further improve sales and margin performance
- Keep on top of Irish, UK and International market trends and use this information to drive real innovation in your categories
- Build effective relationships with suppliers in order to achieve best results for business
- Work closely with our Head of Category Management to ensue category and product placement is fully optimised throughout our store network
- Develop a robust annual promotional product plan including key seasonal activities
- Work closely with Marketing, Operations and the wider management team to develop plans, and programs that support the successful performance of chosen product categories
Requirements of this Retail Buyer job:
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a buying role in pharmacy FOS or Health & Beauty
- Excellent supplier relationship management for maximum commercial gain
- Confidently present to senior team and store management
- Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail.
- Great organisation skills including prioritising, planning and multitasking
- Ability to cope with the pressure of having to make important decisions and meet tight deadlines
- A team player who contributes ideas to wider group discussions in deciding business strategy
- Professional, consistent and reliable
Salary: Up to €65k DOE & Excellent benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the relevant experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.