Retail General Manager – South Dublin
Excel Recruitment is seeking to recruit an experienced and strategy-focused Retail General Manager to join our client, one of Europe’s largest and well-known non-food retailers. This role is based in one of their fast-paced stores in Dublin south.
This is a fantastic, proactive and forward-thinking retailer who exists to inspire and guide in the connected world, making people’s lives better through technology.
We are looking for candidates who have extensive experience working at a senior management level, managing a large big – box store with multiple departments, a minimum of €10m turnover, and a team of 40+ members.
As an experienced Retail General Manager, you will have a deep insight into commercial matters, experience in the management of a high volume of retail stores and the ability to motivate employees to create an engaging, high-performance work culture.
Responsibilities for the job of General Store Manager include the following:
- Manage your P&L and ensure all departmental margins are in line with store profitability
- To implement retail priorities and effectively communicate targets and objectives.
- To deliver the retail plan through your team, service and product knowledge
- Lead and motivate your team through high levels of engagement and communications
- Analyse trading reports and react accordingly in order of achieving your store KPI’s
- To ensure a Systematic approach in planning and organising all Store Departments.
- Responsible for managing all HR issues and appraisals for the team and co-managers
- Ensure that exceptional customer service is in place throughout the store and that this company culture is met by all staff through coaching, managing and reporting
- Oversee the functionality of the Store to ensure annual targets of over €15m+
- Monitor stock loss and implement strategies to reduce company deficit costs.
- Carry out regular appraisals ensuring your team have the right training to achieve set goals.
- Ensure company succession plan is implemented, to encourage growth amongst your team
Experience and skills required for this General Store Manager job include:
- 4-5 years Senior Store Management experience in Grocery, Non-Food or Fashion retail
- Store Management experience from a Multinational Retailer
- Experience in managing multiple KPI’s
- Experience in managing a large turnover of €10 million essential
- An inspirational leader with experience in leading and coaching teams of 30+
- Exceptional interpersonal capabilities as you liaise with numerous different managers, staff and departments
Package for the Retail General Manager include:
- €60-70k DOE
- Excellent Benefits and Progression
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please upload your current CV to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application