Retail Shop Manager Bray
My client who has twenty stores in their group is currently seeking an experienced high convenience store manager for their large retail store in Bray.
This is an excellent brand that is a very attractive employer and as a company turned over €2.8 million in sales last year. The store will be undergoing a significant revamp in the coming months with additional floor space, new fridges and a new internal layout.
If you are a passionate retailer, who would like a challenge of driving this store forward, increasing turn over and margin, this job will present lots of opportunities to stand out and progress in your career.
- Competitive salary Doe 35 -45,000 starting, this will increase depending on performance in the job
- Flexible working hours that you will control
- Opportunities to progress
- Further courses and training provided
- An opportunity to work with a household name and work with a professional management team
Responsibilities for this job:
- Ensuring the high performance of staff, offering guidance and opportunities to develop key members to a higher level within the business
- Proactively seeking opportunities to improve profit margin, sales and reduce controllable costs within the store
- Working with the Area Managers by forecasting realistic budgets and targets for the store to achieve
- Ensuring to use your management team productively, by setting clear and realistic goals, always looking at opportunities to develop the management team’s experience and skills
- Ensuring customer satisfaction is 100% across all areas of the store
- Ensuring the store is clean, inviting and merchandising standards are appealing and appetising for customers
- Stock control of the store, stock taking, managing stock holding and ensuring to investigate anomalous in the counts.
Requirements for this manager role:
- Minimum of two years experience in grocery management
- You must enjoy the pace of food retailing and the challenges it presents
- Must enjoy customer interaction, and leading a team of staff
- Candidates should relish a challenge and thrive on success
- Must demonstrate good leadership skills, having a track record of developing and inspiring their teams to achieve results collectively
- The successful candidate should be proficient in back office management, ideally Gold trained is an advantage but not essential.
If you are unsure if you have the right experience for this job, or if it’s not right for you, please feel free to call me on 01-8148747 as I am always happy to have a chat about the various retail jobs we have.
Candidates will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.