Retail Manager / Buyer
Homewares Department Manager / Buyer
Our client, a well-known and established Fashion and Homewares department store in Galway is seeking to recruit a Retail Department Manager / Buyer for their homewares department.
This is a wonderful job opportunity for a Retail Manager with experience in sourcing and selecting homewares and home accessories.
As the department Manager, you will report into the overall Store Manager. You will be responsible for all aspects of sales, margin and profit. You will support the sales team in driving sales and be instrumental in sourcing , identifying and selecting the Homewares range.
Job responsibilities for the job of retail manager Galway include the following
- Drive sales and service across the Homewares department
- Sourcing and Buying for Homewares including cookware and electrical white goods
- Manage the cook shop department, sales, Kpis and standards
- Ensure the department is merchandised and displayed in accordance to company plan
- Liaise closely with suppliers, negotiating prices and promotions
- Manage stock, returns and deliveries
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Lead, motivate and encourage the team of sales assistants through product knowledge training
Experience required for the job of Department manager and buyer include the following
- 2 years + in retail management and buying experience within homewares
- Experience in delivering KPi’s, sales, margin
- Strong visual merchandising skills
- Experience in managing a team of 5+
- Have strong commercial awareness within the retail sector
- Have excellent attention to detail, organisational and communication skills
This is a wonderful job opportunity for a retail manager looking to gain more experience in buying and sourcing.
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please contact Aislinn though the link provided