Excel Recruitment are currently seeking a Senior Accountant on behalf of our market leading client in North Dublin.
A reputable and highly successful firm which is the market leader in equipment supply to the Healthcare Industry. Our client is well-established and growing with operations selling into Ireland, the UK and Northern Ireland. This is a new appointment due to significant sustained growth. It is hoped the successful candidate will work to FC level with the business, taking responsibility for company HR functions as well. The business has a superb reputation and is undergoing sustained growth through new product and new customer acquisition.
The ideal candidate will be an ACCA qualified Accountant with a minimum of three years’ experience within a well-established, busy business.
You will be a dynamic communicator with the ability to convey information clearly and build relationships with key figures across the business. You will have a proven track record of successful leadership and you will work continuously to ensure your team have the skills, resources and support complete goals and to reach their full potential.
Reporting to the majority shareholder, you will have overall responsibility for handling accounts preparation, tax and audit work and statutory compliance both alongside your team and independently. You will have the proven ability to produce the following to a high standard and without assistance: Annual accounts, VAT Returns, Payroll/CIS and Corporation Tax Returns.
Your primary role as Senior Accountant will be to ensure the interests of the majority shareholders are protected.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting business. We are looking for a candidate who wants more responsibility and overall business control within a company
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
This person will hold a senior position within the company, establishing and implementing cost controls, monitoring the financial and productivity performance of the company and its staff as well as designing policies and procedures to ensure that revenue is maximised.
Duties of this Senior Accountant
- Perform a complete financial analysis of the Company and report to Directors
- Develop and monitor sales metrics and strategy with the sales team
- Prepare monthly accounts and attend monthly board meetings
- Manage the accounts team in place, ensuring all accounting objectives are achieved
- Conduct yearly stocktakes and audits and introduce stock control measures
- Set up clock in system for payroll
- Introduce staff productivity metrics and analysis for all areas of the business
- Assist with the HR function of the business ensuring all contracts are financially viable and in line with performance
- Monitor, evaluate and report the company’s revenue and expenses
- Provide guidance and financial advice to all departments within the business to ensure they stay within budget
Requirements for this Senior Accountant
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience dealing with and managing senior stakeholders within a business
- Must have A.C.C.A qualification
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this Senior Accountant job, please attach a CV below for the attention of Laurence Rogers, Excel Recruitment. Alternatively, please call (01) 8717676 in complete confidence for more details.