Senior Buying Manager
Excel Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for a Senior Buying Manager to join our well-loved non-food retail client. This role is based in their head office in north Dublin.
Why our client
Our client is renowned for its innovative retail approach and customer engagement and has launched a variety of new categories and retail concepts in the last number of years.
The successful candidate will be joining the largest area in the business and have responsibility for four reports including two Buyers.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join one of Ireland’s most reputable retail companies in a brand-new role.
Reporting to the Head of Buying & Marketing, you will be responsible for the strategy, planning, budgets and sales of the category. As Senior Buying Manager will actively research the market and your supply base, ascertaining opportunities to grow profit. You will also engage cross functionally with the business to bring the best off and online offer to your loyal customers.
- The development and implementation of an omni-channel strategy delivering budgeted sales and margin targets and market share growth
- The management and development of the category team
- The management trading terms and support income
- Responsibility for cyclical new buy selection, range management and maintenance
- Contribute cross-functionally to in-store & warehouse category stockholding and replenishment
Key requirements for this Senior Buying Manager role include:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Senior Buying Manager with a large, successful retail group is essential for this role
- The ability to review existing stock and recognise emerging sales trends that would benefit the group
- Leadership and people management skills
- Negotiation skills, as both buyer and seller, with a focus on cost efficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
Salary package: DOE plus excellent benefits
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please upload your current CV to the link provided. We will be in touch should you hold the required experience.