Butcher Manager Co Louth
Our client is a well-known retailer in Co Louth that has been operating their store for over 30 years in this location.
Our client is looking for an experienced senior Butcher to head up their department in this store. You must be a qualified butcher, confident in managing a busy red meat and fish department. As the Head of the Butcher department, you will be ensuring the meat is well presented, displayed correctly in accordance with the owner’s instructions, and that the orders and waste are correctly Managed and on target.
This is a nice local store, with a settled team with a good working environment. Our client will offer nice flexible working hours and a starting salary of 30,000 – 35,000 DOE
The requirements for this Butcher Manager Job:
- Exceptional customer service skills with experience working with the general public
- Have strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with high standards
- Must have a strong level of Man Management experience for this job
- Enthusiastic and passionate about working in this type of fast-paced retail butcher environment ideally craft butchery.
- Experience Managing large teams
- You must come from a commercialised environment, Margins, costs, waste etc.
- Successful candidates will be fully qualified in butchery or at least have strong experience in a supermarket butchery environment.
Responsibilities of the Fresh Food Butcher Manager Job
- Day to day preparation of this busy fresh food department ensures quality product and standards.
- Ensure that all food safety and HACCP standards are met
- Provide a quality level of customer service ensuring that the customer is satisfied with the product and to provide the customer with further information regarding storage, recipe ideas etc.
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment.
- Ordering in of stock, ensuring stock and waste control.
- liaising directly with the store owners and shop manager, to communicate any new agendas for the department and address any operational issues.
- Ensure the Butcher department runs smoothly at all times.
If you are unsure if you have the right experience for this job, or if it’s not right for you, please feel free to call me on 01-8148747 as I am always happy to have a chat about the various retail jobs we have.
Candidates will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.