Senior Textile Buyer – Workwear, Northern Ireland
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Textile Buyer to join one of the largest and most diversified garment manufacturers in Europe.
Our client pride themselves on offering innovative design, excellent customer service, and effective supply chain in order to meet and exceed customers’ expectations.
As Senior Textile Buyer, you will report directly to the Operations Director and head up the Purchasing Department.
As this is a new role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to establish the structure of the department and appropriate standard operating procedures.
You will be responsible for the tender process and will liaise with the Sales and Technical team in order to secure large corporate accounts.
Some Far East travel required.
Responsibilities of this Senior Textile Buyer include:
- Creation and implementation of a pricing strategy
- Completion of pricing tasks throughout the five-stage sales process
- Prepare and present pricing at all stages in order to challenge thinking or reach agreement through negotiation with other key stakeholders
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to achieve best possible cost savings and maximize gross margin throughout the lifetime of the contract.
In order to be successful in this role you will
- Have 5+ years’ experience in buying role
- Hold extensive experience in a price negotiation
- Good knowledge of product development, fabrics etc.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Ability to initiate and build strong relationships with other stake holders
- GBP £60K
- Employee Assistant
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat if you hold the relevant experience.