Our leading retail pharmacy client is currently recruiting for an experienced Space Planner to lead the next stage of range development and product placement within their stores. North Dublin based.
Reporting to the Group Head of Buying, the role of Space Planner, will play an integral part in supporting the commercial team to deliver and execute range decisions, in-store product placement and activity plans that are in-line with our client’s strategy.
In return, our retail pharmacy client, can offer a generous salary, a great working environment and wonderful development opportunities.
Must hold relevant experience as a Space Planner (2+ years) in order to be successful for this role.
Responsibilities of this Space Planner job:
- Creating product merchandising plans for the stores in line with an agreed calendar for each of our product departments
- To assist the business in achieving set targets on sales and gross margin
- Using our Nielsen Space Man software, to effectively implement product and range placement decisions for our stores
- Reviewing EPOS sales data, sales data from suppliers and market intelligence information to devise merchandising plans
- Reviewing store “Macro Space” allocations per product department with the buying team
- Monitoring the implementation of range placement decisions in store and making recommendations accordingly
- Preparing weekly reports on sales and gross profit margins generated per product department in each store against targets.
- Planned regular visits to stores in conjunction with the Operations Management team
- Work collaboratively with the Retail Buying, Marketing, Finance and Operations Teams
- Manage relationships with suppliers to ensure commercial trade terms are achieved
Requirements for this Space Planner job:
- Highly analytical and commercially focused with the ability to analyse EPOS sales and margin data and use this data to inform decisions on product ranging and planograms
- Minimum 2+ years retail experience required working in a category space planning and merchandising role
- Experience using macro space planning software tools (e.g. Spaceman) and Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential for this role.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage your own time and workload effectively and to work as part of the Buying Team.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
Salary: Up to €45 – 50k DOE & benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.