Space Planning Assistant job, north west Dublin
This is an exciting opportunity for a Space Planning Assistant to join a growing grocery retailer in north west Dublin. Reporting directly to the Space Planning Manager, you will work closely with the UK Merchandising and ROI senior team, rolling out updated product planograms and floor plans across a variety of categories.
You will demonstrate an understanding of store space planning and the commercial effect this can have on sales and profit from the correct planogram implementation.
The successful candidate will hold recent store Space Planning/Retail Administrator experience, be happy working within a team and/or on their own initiative, have great working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (in particular intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel) and possess a can-do attitude.
Your day-to-day of this Space Planning Assistant job:
- Creation and management of commercial and operationally practical layout planograms using JDA, which optimise sales and space by store
- Work closely with stores to capture feedback to drive sales
- Regularly visit stores to review implementation, review opportunities to help maximise sales
- Analysing product sales to ensure the most efficient use of store space
- Ensure that planograms are reflective of emerging market trends to optimise sales opportunities
- Liaise with Store Management, Local Buying department, UK/Local Supply Chain and UK Merchandising team on a regular business
- Maintenance of the Range Plan to ensure that all product and store amends are captured and actioned in a timely manner
Experience you’ll need for this Space Planning Assistant job:
- Proven numeracy skills
- Good analytical skills (in particular intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel)
- You will be a confident and effective communicator who is able to build strong working relationships
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, you will always be willing to actively contribute ideas and suggestions to the team
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail, delivering consistent data
- Good time management skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to understand both head office strategy and retail needs to drive sales
- Previous retail space planning experience or previous experience in JDA space planning software (or similar) would be a distinct advantage
Salary: €30-35k DOE & benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the required criteria before sending your CV.