Store Manager – Bray
Our client, a well-known retail voluntary organisation, is currently seeking a Store Manager to join their busy store in Bray. This is a 6-month fixed term contact.
The Store Manager will be responsible for the effective day to day running and management of this busy store and try to maximise sales and excellent service.
This Store Manager job is suited to a people-orientated manager with 2+ years’ retail experience where people management and cost control is essential.
Due to the nature of the business model, the ideal candidate will have an interest in charitable organisations, have empathy for the cause and a strong people management skill set.
You will be hands on and standards driven with a proven track record in delivering excellent customer service.
Key Responsibilities of the Store Manager job include:
- Manage, train and work closely with an overall team and to assist with supervising volunteers
- Ensure excellent store standards are delivered
- Ensure good quality products both in fashion and non-food is on sale and well merchandised
- Develop a “sales through service” culture with the specific aims of retaining existing customers, attracting new customers
- Work closely with the Charity’s committee and Head Office team on store operations, business profitability and opportunities
- Create and sustain an environment in which all staff and volunteers are motivated and are given suitable work to ensure that their individual motivations and abilities are being recognised and met.
- Aim to achieve set and agreed KPI’s
Requirements of the Store Manager Job include:
- 2+ years management experience in fashion, non-food or grocery retailing
- Confident and motivated with an interest in not for profit organisations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of empathy
- Experience in managing a large team (volunteers experience advantageous)
- Strong organisational skills
- Salary €30k DOE
- 40 hour working week
Hayley Rochford is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.