Supermarket Assistant Manager Wexford
My client who is an award-winning retail supermarket group in Leinster is recruiting for a Senior Retail Manager to take up a role of Assistant Store Manager in their high turnover supermarket. As the Assistant Manager, you will be supporting the Store Manager in managing up to 130 staff in the group’s flagship store. My client is an exceptional organisation who have developed senior retail Managers to progress further in their careers. You should be a passionate retail manager, with extensive experience managing large teams in a highly competitive and demanding environment. This is an exceptional job, in an excellent working environment, our client owns a number of supermarkets and hotels and is constantly investing in their Management teams and stores to stay competitive. If you relish a challenge Managing in a high spec store, please apply.
The ideal experience for this Supermarket Manager job:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a management position;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word);
- Experience balancing cash/tills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good delegation skills;
- Highly driven with a strong work ethic;
- An understanding of how to achieve KPIs and targets;
- Commerciality and brand awareness;
- Passion for grocery retail;
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
Main duties for the Assistant Manager job:
- Genuine, Passion for Food, Vibrant, Committed, Innovative and Imaginative;
- OR Energetic, Imaginative and Community-Based;
- Approachable and a role model who leads by example and encourages teamwork, foster a positive attitude and atmosphere in the workplace;
- Ability to develop and promote good communication between employees and management in a safe, respectful and inclusive environment;
- Support Store Manager in the development and training of the team and in ensuring the smooth running of the store;
- Foster good working relationships with the team and with the local community;
- Manage employee performance, giving regular feedback, recognition and encouragement;
- Deal with all customer queries efficiently, professionally and consistent with store policy;
- Understand achieving margins in all departments;
- Implement planograms correctly and ensure the correct range is in place in store;
- Merchandise and present the store to the highest standard;
- Set, monitor and achieve sales targets with the team on gross profit margin, net margin, waste and other KPIs as agreed with Store Manager;
If you feel you have the necessary attributes and experience for this Managers job please apply by following the instructions below.
If you are unsure if you have the right experience for this job, or if it’s not right for you, please feel free to call me on 01-8148747 as I am always happy to have a chat about the various retail jobs we have.
Candidates will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
- Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working;