Supermarket Trainee Manager Wexford
We here in Excel Recruitment, are recruiting for a growing Retailer based in the Wexford region. Our client is expanding their business and is currently operating 5 high turnover supermarkets in this region. They are a great group who provide excellent training, support and coaching to develop their junior Management teams further in the business to senior roles.
We are recruiting for a highly organised candidate who has experience managing or Supervising in a busy supermarket or high turnover convenience environment. You should be confident in managing and delegating a team within a grocery environment. This is a wonderful group who is known for developing successful retailers in the business.
The Job of the Grocery Trainee Manager
- Supervise each department as required.
- Ensure that best practices are in place in all departments including merchandising standards/store set up & finish and the running of promotions.
- Adherence to the communication process especially in relation to handovers and regular communication with Senior Management.
- Assist the manager by keeping a focus on reducing waste and markdown in the department.
- Promote and drive sales opportunities within each department as required.
- Stock control and stock management.
- Lead by example in communicating with customers to deliver great Customer Service.
- Perform key holding duties as required
The Requirements for this Retail Trainee Manager job are:
- At least 2 years working as a Trainee Manager, Supervisor or Senior Sale Assistant in a Grocery Retail Store.
- A keen interest in grocery retail with a passion for food.
- Excellent leadership, organisational, communication and motivational skills
- Must be driven and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to mentor and develop staff.
- Must have a proven track record in meeting targets and deadlines
- Must be dedicated to achieving a high level of turnover but also have a hands-on approach.
If you are unsure if you have the right experience for this job, or if it’s not right for you, please feel free to call me on 01-8148747 as I am always happy to have a chat about the various retail jobs we have.
Candidates will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.