Search for your next opportunity
Support Pharmacist – Carlow Town
Our client is at its heart, a family business. Even though they are just starting out in Ireland, their family connections extend beyond these shores to Australia and New Zealand where their extended family continues to go from strength to strength after a hugely successful 45 years in operation.
Location: Carlow Town
Newly opening store
Hours: Full time – will be required to do some late nights BUT little weekends
Extra annual leave days
The Support Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmaceutical services in accordance with all legislative contractual, professional and ethical obligations including ensuring prescriptions are safe and appropriate and dispensing medicines in accordance with all stranded operating procedures. Their responsibilities may include:
- Managing the dispensing process
- Managing pharmacy stock levels effectively
- Ensuring date checking is done according to store operations
- Providing expert advice to patients regarding the safe and appropriate use of all medicines and complementary medicines
- Providing guidance and expert advice to pharmacy staff about the safe and appropriate use of medicines – particularly over-the-counter (OTC) and pharmacy only medicines
Skills and Experience:
- Registered Pharmacist with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (with no conditions attached to registration)
- Extensive experience in the operation of a community pharmacy (preferred but not essential)
- Demonstrated capability to perform effectively as a pharmacist.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and are interested in this Support Pharmacist job, please apply below or alternatively callBarbara on 0877379636 in complete confidence.