Search for your next opportunity
Excel Healthcare now has some excellent opportunities available for experienced & talented Support Workers in Galway. You will support individuals in a residential setting with all activities of daily living & enable them to live independent lives in line with HIQA national standards.
Responsibilities as a Support Worker:
- Empower Service Users to live independent lives within their residential homes & community.
- To ensure personal & intimate care is provided & ensure privacy & dignity are respected at all times.
- Provide the necessary physical assistance with Patient Manual & Handling training.
- Administer medication in line with the medication process.
- Transport service users to facilitate access to all daily living activities.
- Participate in household duties & support the development & delivery of individual support files.
- Responsible to record & reporting on daily documentation.
- Designated Health and Safety Officer.
- Immediately report all safeguarding allegations or concerns in line with policy & legislation.
- As per policy record & report all incidents.
- Maintain professional communication & relationships with the team, service user’s family & customers.
- To be aware of safe working conditions & implement safe work practices & immediately report potential hazards, incidents & concerns.
- Follow tasks assigned on the daily planner.
- Positively & actively engage in team meetings, supervisions, training & team events.
- Responsible for safekeeping & recording of service user & house monies & spending.
- Assigned as Key Worker to take the lead as Service User advocate, arrange appointments, liaise with family & develop & implement goals & complete & maintain documentation in individual support file.
Requirements as a Support Worker:
- QQI relevant qualification
- Overage 18
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent command of spoken & written English
- Knowledge of HIQA standards
- Work or student experience in social care or relevant sector
Benefits as a Support Worker:
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Training Days
- Invaluable experience in their field
- Opportunity for additional training
- Competitive pay rates that are regularly reviewed
- Holiday pay and higher rates for weekends and bank holidays
If you feel this job may suit you or someone you know, apply now or call Kate on 087 702 0581 for a confidential chat.