Textile Designer – Dublin west
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a trend led and creative Textile Designer to join our leading life style retail client.
The successful candidate will hold great experience creating 2-D designs that can be used for woven, printed or knitted materials. You will be adept at interpreting trends into commercial products that our client’s customers will love!
A Degree in Fashion, Art & Design, Textiles or Surface design is required.
What you will do as Textile Designer:
- Liaising with the buying team to develop designs
- Creating artwork, designs and samples for presentation to buyers based on design discussions and consumer trends/target look/project theme/inspiration
- Knowledge of costs and ability to develop product to fit price points
- Contribute, support and manage the design process – concept, development, product design, and approval process
- Assessing and approving completed items and production standards
- Manage the critical path, key sign offs and intake dates to ensure development runs smoothly
- Create spec sheets for factories to make samples and complete production
- Communicate designs to suppliers and follow up on sample approvals
- Expertise in colour, fabric and texture. Approval of yarns, fabric handlooms and colour standards
- Market Research – keeping up to date and spotting fashion trends through comp shops, competitor analysis, trade shows etc.
- Compiling trend, colour and mood boards
Skills and attributes required for the role of Textile Designer:
- Must be a versatile, self-motivated, innovative individual who pays excellent attention to detail
- Interest in fashion and textiles, and an understanding of trends and materials
- Advanced knowledge of software programs Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign) is a must
- Good communication and teamworking skills
- Excellent time management, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Up-to-date on design trends in consumer home market
Salary & Package: DOE
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. SB123