Trainee HR Manager – Cork
Our client, One of our most successful Fashion Retail Chains is seeking to recruit Trainee HR Managers for the Cork Region. With over 100 stores nationwide this is a wonderful opportunity for a Business Graduate / HR Graduate with some Supervisory / management Retail experience to join a large progressive retailer.
Known for their offering in Fashions, Homeware and Grocery, Retail experience in any retail sector is considered
As Trainee Manager, you will initially receive training supporting a HR Manager and on completion will take on the role of HR Manager for your own store.
The primary job functions of the HR Manager will be to provide a complete Human Resource service to the store. To ensure the store complies with all legislation and policy relating to HR issues
Responsibilities of the Trainee HR Manager include the following
- Working closely with the Senior Management team carrying out any Duty Management responsibilities
- Ensure adequate training is delivered to the entire time, inspiring outstanding customer service
- Support the Store Manager and all Department Managers on day to day HR issues
- Demonstrate and deliver the company brand values implanting and ensuring all company programmes are delivered
- Carry out forecasting and budgeting exercises on store costings in labour, sales and all controllable
- To support all recruitment and training
- To assist, recruit/train and develop staff as necessary to achieve high standards in all aspects of the business
- Carry out rostering requirements, recruitment schedules.
- With the management team carry out performance management and appraisals
- Conduct in-store inductions to all new employees in line with company policies.
- Ensuring all relevant trading safely, legal policies and HR legislation are in place and being adhered to.
Experience required for the job of Trainee HR Manager include
- Business / HR or similar degree / Qualification
- 1-3 years Retail Supervisory/ Management experience essential
- Excellent communication skills, coaching and leadership skills
- Customer focussed
- Organisational and time management skills
- Commercial mind-set
- Problem solving & decision making
- Retail or Service Sector experience essential – Fashion, Home, Grocery
Salary €28-34k depending on experience
This job requires flexibility to work across both the Grocery and Fashion floors, to support the management team in all duty management responsibilities and to work across the retail working week of 5 over 7 days.
This is a wonderful opportunity to begin your career in HR Management and to be an integral addition to a wonderful fast paced retail chain.
Should you be interested in this job opportunity, please upload your details to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application.