Trainee Store Manager, Dublin City Centre
***Though this is a Trainee role you must have some management experience eg Floor or Department Manager. If you only have Sales Assistant experience please do not apply***
Our client, a fast paced, high volume clothing, gift, jewellery and souvenir retailer, with multiple stores in Dublin are looking to recruit a Trainee Store Manager for one of their 12 Dublin City stores. The candidate must be energetic, driven, self motivated and not afraid of hard work during busy times.
This is a minimum 36 hour contract but you will be required to work up to 45 hours during peak trade – you will be paid for these hours. Stores open late so late shifts will apply and weekend work. You will also need to be flexible in working in their other Dublin City stores.
This is a great opportunity for perhaps a Department or Floor Manager or even an Assistant or Store Manager from a smaller store, who is serious about retail and wants to progress their career and have responsibility for their own store.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a dynamic team and report to the store manager. We have a clear career path progression for those who have the drive, ambition and skills to do so.
Key Responsibilities for the job of Trainee Store Manager
- Lead and motivate the team in offering exceptional customer service
- Merchandising and visual standards as per company guidelines
- Clear and continuous communication with your team on targets, product, processes etc
- Mentor and train new employees
- Staff development
- Ensure all company guidelines, procedures and policies are implemented and adhered to.
- Perform key holding duties as required
- Complete effective handovers after shop minding
- Efficiently managing all aspects of running a successful busy retail outlet
Skills & Experience for the job of Trainee Store Manager
- Minimum of 1 year or more experience working as Supervisor or Department/Floor Manager in a retail environment
- Have excellent leadership, organisational, communication and motivational skills
- Must be driven and willing to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to mentor and develop staff
- Must have a proven track record in meeting targets and deadlines
- Have the ability to excel in a retail environment
Support, Training and Development:
- Full on the job training supported by on-line training programme/tool
- Regular feedback through performance appraisals
- Further opportunities to develop your role
- Fun working environment
- Bonus €1200-€1300 – 5% of Salary
If you have the skills and experienced required for this job opportunity, please attach a CV below for the attention of Ambyr Medford, in complete confidentiality. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.