Manager – Transport Logistics, Regional Distribution Centre
About the Role
Are you a Transport leader who focuses on continuously improving processes and empowering your team? Are you a strong relationship manager who can not only maintain existing relationships but also build new ones? Do you enjoy using your analytical skills to understand your company’s performance and identify areas of opportunity? If you answered yes and want to work for a long-standing, market leader synonymous with quality, then apply today to join our client as Manager – Transport Logistics, Regional Distribution Centre
Reporting to the Supply chain Director – as Manager – Transport Logistics, Regional Distribution Centre, you will manage both the day to day transport function along with the strategic and tactical logistics/distribution functions for the Regional Distribution centre,
- Oversee the management and operation of the Warehouse and Distribution facilities as well as front line management of Customer Delivery.
- Have operational budget responsibility of the Logistics spend across the Regional DCs.
- Have the authority and latitude for definitive action and decision-making relative to all transport
- Be responsible for the forward-looking CDC strategy and design.
Our client, a market leading food distribution business that is enjoying significant growth and has done so for some time. This is an international business based in Dublin. The business has a renowned and well recognised Logistics department that has a reputation for excellence. They are an employer of choice.
As Manager – Transport Logistics, Regional Distribution Centre you will work in an exciting, fast moving business where you will be primarily be responsible for the effective management of depot transport at an operational level for all of Ireland.
As Manager – Transport Logistics, Regional Distribution Centre you will
- Organise, plan and manage the day to day transport for all the depots
- Deliver all aspects of customer service including liaising with other departments, customers and suppliers
- Recruit and train drivers to meet the needs of the business
- Manage budgeted costs on an ongoing basis
- Continually monitor operational systems and schedules and implement cost effective routes
- Ensure cost effective fleet fit for purpose
- Working with Quality Control departments to ensure compliance with all internal and external quality control initiatives
This is a challenging, but rewarding role. People management is the key to success, building strong teams and most importantly retaining them. With this in mind you will be supported by a highly resourced and talented Human resource team and a professional team within the Logistics department.
You will be working for one of Ireland’s great employer brands and an international success story.
For further information, please apply in full confidence to Barry Whelan, CEO, Excel Recruitment. This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic transport professional to join an amazing business