Transport Manager – North West Dublin
Our client, a large well-known FMCG business is looking for a Transport Manager to join their busy depot in west Dublin.
As Transport Manager, you will report directly to the Supply Chain Director and be responsible for the effective management of depot transport at an operational level for all of Ireland.
Although you will be based in north west Dublin, some travel to their other depots will be required.
Responsibilities of this Transport Manager role include:
- Organise, plan and manage the day to day transport for all the depots
- Deliver all aspects of customer service including liaising with other departments, customers and suppliers
- Ensure all HR processes are implemented for your team
- Recruit and train drivers to meet the needs of the business
- Manage budgeted costs on an ongoing basis
- Continually monitor operational systems and schedules and implement cost effective routes
- Ensure that the highest levels of Health & Safety are maintained
- Ensure cost effective fleet fit for purpose
- Working with Quality Control departments to ensure compliance with all internal and external quality control initiatives
Requirements for this Transport Manager role include:
- 5+ years Transport Management experience
- Third level qualification in Transport or Supply Chain or equivalent
- FMCG experience is preferable
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong communication skills
Salary: €60-80k DOE with generous benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the relevant experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.