My client, a leading retail and wholesale business is recruiting an experienced Transport Supervisor for their Limerick Cross Dock.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the ideal candidate will have 3 years’ experience in foodservice/retail distribution coupled with a track record of people management, cost control and maximising productivity.
As a Transport Supervisor, you will organise, plan and manage the day-to-day transport operations which include 10 drivers and rigid trucks delivering to Retail, Healthcare and Hospitality customers.
Salary and Package:
- Salary €40K-€45K negotiable but must reflect experience
- Contributory Pension
- Discounts on Products
- Annual Bonus
- Digital GP
- Income Protection
- Death in Service
Responsibilities for the job of Transport Cross Dock Supervisor:
- Manage routes and drivers to ensure on-time delivery
- Drive productivity and efficiency across all routes
- Support driver performance and development through performance reviews
- Liaise with the sales team regarding new customer routes and/or deliveries
- Ensure fuel efficiency through monitoring, auditing and reporting
- Develop a continuous culture of operational and customer service excellence
- Ensure drivers demonstrate the company values
- Ensure the company’s disciplinary code is adhered to at all times
- Recruit and train drivers to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure all standard human resource processes are implemented for transport team e.g., timekeeping, health & safety, holidays, accidents
- Manage the performance and development of the transport team
Skills and Experience required for the job of Transport Cross Dock Supervisor:
- 3 years’ experience in retail/foodservice distribution
- Proficient in use of Paragon routing software, Bluetree vehicle diagnostics and warehouse management systems
- Proven track record of effective resource management to maximise productivity
- Proven track record of people management
- C license holder
- Up to date CPC
- Current Tachograph Card
Due to the volume of applications only suitable applicants will be contacted. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.