Warehouse General Manager
I have an ideal opportunity for a Senior General Manager in the retail market managing a large retail supermarket. My client is a market leader in the food and non-food industry who is a large wholesale group.
I am currently in search of a General Manager for one of their large warehouses in West Dublin. This is an ideal opportunity for a big player in the supermarket industry looking for better work-life balance and opportunity to move into a different environment. My client is offering a competitive package of €70-80,000 DOE plus great benefits and a nice work-life balance.
Job & Responsibilities for this General Manager Job
- Build strong influential relationships with foodservice and retail customers to understand and meet their needs.
- Consistently deliver excellent service to customers, focusing on maximising profitable sales to the customers and growing the customer’s loyalty to brand.
- Plan, agree and achieve, branch budgetary performance targets i.e sales, margin costs and profit.
- Develop and implement effective cost reduction initiatives to reduce branch operating costs to agreed minimum effective level.
- Effectively use management information systems at branch level to advance accurate analysis and support sound decision making.
- Ensure strong operational procedures are in place to manage and measure stock management i.e. shrinkage/loss.
- Build and sustain a high performing engaged team by providing clear direction, stretch targets, regular reviews to manage all levels of performance (proactively manage underperformance and recognise and encourage high performance).
- Demonstrate the brand’s leadership skills and values holding self and others accountable for meeting and exceeding objectives.
- Ensure departments are appropriately resourced to achieve maximum efficiencies and productivity in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ongoing training and development of all colleagues.
- Implement key employee development plans to ensure the development of the competencies required to support and sustain business growth and to ensure succession plans are in place for key roles.
- Achieve all HR KPIs.
Education & Experience required for this General Manager job
- 10+ year’s experience in a senior management position including management of a senior team.
- Previous exposure to IR negotiations at a senior level.
- Understands and is familiar with the grocery retail and/or food service markets.
- A proven track record of delivering commercial results in a fast-moving business environment.
- Full clean driving license.
- Experience in managing a large retail/wholesale business is essential.
Please send your CV in complete confidence to Sean Thomas in Excel Recruitment