Musgrave, Ireland’s leading food retail and wholesale company announced a pre-tax profit of €67.5 million for 2015. The Musgrave brand which encompasses Musgrave and Musgrave MarketPlace, employs 45,000 staff across Ireland and Spain.
The Musgrave brands
- SuperValu – 223 stores Ireland and 34 Northern Ireland
- Centra – 461 stores Ireland and 76 stores Northern Ireland
- Musgrave MarketPlace – 7 branches Ireland and 3 Northern Ireland
- Daybreak – 200 stores Ireland
- Mace – 117 stores in Northern Ireland
- Dialsur – 17 branches in Spain
- Dialprix – 80 stores in Spain
Throughout 2015, Musgrave reported culminate sales of €4.4 billion across the brands. 2016 see Musgrave enter their 140th year of business since being founded by Leitrim brothers Thomas and Stuart Musgrave in 1876. All of the Musgrave Irish brands are in a leadership position in their respective markets.
- SuperValu weekly footfall stands at 2.5 million
- Centra’s weekly footfall stands at 3.3 million
- SuperValu announced record retail sales of €2.6 billion in 2015
- Recognised with over 100 awards throughout 2015